Garlic is more than just a spice; it’s a crucial supplement with significant health impacts. Packed with sulfur-containing compounds, trace minerals, and enzymes, garlic can boost immune function, provide antioxidant support, and promote cardiovascular health. These benefits are linked to allicin, a sulfur-containing amino acid released when raw garlic is chopped, crushed, or chewed. To preserve its effectiveness, dried garlic with alliin and alliinase must be enteric coated to protect against stomach acid. Overall, garlic is an excellent supplement for overall wellness support.
- Our 500 mg garlic product is a high-potency supplement, providing an allicin yield of 5,000 mcg per tablet.
- Synergistic benefits are derived from naturally occurring sulfur-containing compounds like thiosulfinates and gamma-glutamyl cysteine.
- Each tablet is enteric-coated to safeguard the integrity and preserve the biological activity of allicin, shielding it from the detrimental effects of stomach acid.
- Garlic may contribute to cardiovascular health by scavenging free radicals and supporting the activity of antioxidant enzymes like superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase, and glutathione peroxidase (due to its selenium content).†
- The active compounds in garlic have demonstrated the ability to promote a normal, healthy inflammatory response, support healthy blood clotting and blood pressure, as well as maintain cholesterol levels already in the normal range.†
- Garlic is also notable for its potential to support normal, healthy cell growth and immune function.†
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Serving Size: 1 Enteric Coated Tablet
- Garlic Bulb Powder (Allium sativum): 500 mg * (Yielding 1% [5,000 mcg] allicin)
- *Daily Value not established.
- Contains no sugar, salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, preservatives, artificial colors, or flavors.
- As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) tablet with meals, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.